19 rooms and 2 elegant and simple suites with views of Ischia and the sea
L'Albergo del Monastero has been carefully preserved as the original monastery: each room has kept its ancient sobriety and has been refined with Mediterranean and contemporary tastes.
L'ALBERGO DEL MONASTERO
The only single room overlooks the hotel's terrace.
- Inside, the furniture is in dark wood with simple lines. It rests on a terracotta floor from Campania.
- From the bed to a square and a half you can best admire the sixteenth century vault with a white pavilion of lime.
They are located on the floor of the hotel terrace, on which they overlook.
- The interior is characterised by sixteenth-century white limestone vaults and terracotta floors from Campania.
- A contemporary, sober and elegant style has been created with Cantori's wrought iron beds and dark wood furniture.
From the first and second floors, they all enjoy a privileged view of Ischia, the sea and the architecture of the Castle, including the suggestive dome of the Church of the Immaculate.
The rooms are decorated in the typical style of the Amalfi Coast: in some cases the floors are in white and blue majolica according to an original design by Gabriele Mattera for IL MONASTERO, with vaulted ceilings in white limestone; some rooms have wooden beamed ceilings and terracotta floors from Campania.
Each has its own private terrace offering unique views.
- They are located on the first and second floors of the convent complex.
- They have romantic terraces overlooking the wild rocky ridges of the Castle and the sea to the north-west, or the dome of the Church of the Immaculate, on a panorama that stretches from Ischia Ponte to the harbour and beyond to the Campania and Lazio coasts.
With a private terrace overlooking Ischia and the Campania coast, this is one of the most beautiful and spacious rooms in the hotel.
- The historical atmosphere, evoked by the white limestone vaults of the pavilion and the old rustic terracotta floor from Campania, is contrasted by the stylistic choices made to decorate the suite with the oil paintings of the painter Gabriele Mattera and the lamps by Arne Jacobsen and Achille Castiglioni.
- The terrace of the suite is equipped to live every moment of light and suggestion that such a view can offer. This is especially true at sunset, when the golden light plays with the sea and the rocky ridges of the castle.
- The large bathroom is tiled with handmade majolica and has a shower with a view of the sea.
This 4-bed suite (2 rooms) is the most exclusive in the hotel.
- Spacious rooms, a cosy lounge and incredible sea views.
- Two large bathrooms tiled in handmade majolica; the walk-in shower in one of the bathrooms has a beautiful view of the sea.
- Guests staying in the "L'altana" suite have privileged access to the vegetable garden and sun terraces. More information about the "L'altana" suite.
L'ALBERGO DEL MONASTERO
For all suites
- Breakfast is included.
- Cancellation is free of charge up to 7 days before arrival.
- The tourist tax is 2 euro per day for the first 7 days. Tax is no longer due after the 7th day.
- L'ALBERGO DEL MONASTERO is not suitable for children due to the many stairs and steep terraces.
- Please note that there is no lift connecting the three floors of the hotel.
- Pets are not allowed.